How do I prevent the glass from becoming sooty?
Sooty glass can be caused by the following
1. The wood is not sufficiently dry (max. moisture content is 18% water)
2. The ’pane flush’ function is not active (check the control device)
3. The ’pane flush’ function is out of order (this can be the case with an uneven accumulation of soot on the pane, and the door should be inspected for repair)
4. Insufficient chimney draft (can be measured by a chimney sweep)
5. Insufficient combustion temperature. This problem is solved by adding more air to the combustion through the primary air supply control. A sufficiently high combustion temperature is reached when the vermiculite sheeting is completely clean.